Prior to their conservation and repair, we were asked by the National Trust at Cliveden to produce detailed drawings of this outstanding example of 19th century ironwork. They were moved to their present location after 1901 by William Waldorf Astor. By 2016 they were suffering from stonework and iron decay.
After laser scanning and photographing both sides of the structure we spent weeks producing highly detailed drawings of the stone and ironwork. These were used as a record but also throughout the conservation and reinstallation of the gates.