Owned by the National Trust, Rainham Hall appears the perfect image of a merchant’s house of c.1729, richly decorated inside with marbling, graining, gilding and wall paintings.
We were commissioned by the Trust to provide a detailed photographic record and measured survey of the House and outbuildings. This included laser scanning, detailed elevational cross-sections, floor plans, rectified photography and elevations with a high quality photographic record to Level 4 of the RCHME standards.
All this survey work was an essential component of the Conservation Management Plan by the Drury Macpherson Partnership and informed the complete reinterpretation and display of this visitor attraction.
The survey work was also utilised by the project architects in the conversion of the outbuildings to provide visitor facilities and office space for staff.
Our photographs provide an evocative glimpse of the historic glories of Rainham and a snapshot moment in time record of the house before its conservation, refurbishment and re-use.